Sunday 1 July 2012

Spider Appeal

Welcome to Home Territories. This is the working title for a short film idea I am working on and here I will document its progress and development. More than anything this blog will serve as a way for me to re-collate and reorganise my drawings from various sketchbooks and put them together with other references.

Currently there is no script. Only a loose collection of ideas and as I am a visual artist I am eking out ideas in sketch and illustration form. So the theme that started in a sketchbook last year: creating a spider character with appeal.


Here's the earliest spider doodles. "Ethel the Wonder Spider? WTF??!!"






Always having had an unhappy relationship with spiders - ranging from fear and respect to sheer and utter horror. I know I have no reason to hold these little fellas any sort of grudge, I have never been bitten nor stalked by one.


I found Thomas Shahan's great macro spider pics. Taken of these jumping spiders. Who seemed, in their skins, just the sorta fellas I was looking for.
















No comments:

Post a Comment